1-2 , 0-0
2-1 , 0-0
Sport Recap: Soccer |
Bijan Robinson turned the twentieth Longhorn in program historical past to surpass 2,000 profession dashing yards and scored three touchdowns.
AUSTIN, Texas – Bijan Robinson turned the 20th Longhorn in program historical past to surpass 2,000 profession dashing yards and scored three touchdowns as No. 21/20 Texas beat UTSA 41-20 on Saturday at Darrell Okay Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Robinson rushed for 183 yards on 20 carries and Texas outgained UTSA on the bottom, 299-139.
• UTSA received on the board first with a 24-yard area purpose within the first quarter.
• Texas accomplished a 10-play, 75-yard drive as Hudson Card discovered Roschon Johnson for an 11-yard landing reception.
• UTSA took a 10-7 lead on dashing landing by Brenden Brady.
• The Roadrunners recovered an onside kick and scored on a 35-yard landing move to take a 17-7 lead.
• The Longhorns answered with their second consecutive landing drive and Bijan Robinson scored on a three-yard run to get inside three at 17-14.
• On the Longhorns first drive of the second half, Bijan Robinson sprinted down the sideine for a 78-yard landing run to place Texas up 24-17. The run is the longest of his profession and put him over 100 yards for the sport. It was his second dashing landing of the sport, marking his eighth profession multi-touchdown recreation in 22 profession outings.
• With UTSA driving, Jahdae Barron picked off Frank Harris and returned it 44 yards for a landing to run Texas up 31-20. The interception was the primary profession decide for Barron and the Longhorns third non-offensive landing of the season, already their most since 2017.
• With 11:46 to play within the fourth quarter Texas stopped UTSA on fourth down and took over possession.
• Bijan Robinson busted one up the center for 41 yards and his third landing of the sport to place the Longhorns up 38-20. Hudson Card had a 32-yard rush on the four-play, 71 yard drive.
Texas will go on the street for the primary time this season as they journey to Texas Tech Sept. 24 for a 2:30 p.m. CT kickoff.